TERMS & CONDITIONS - MAY 2020
Hire Charge for buckle carriers £20 for 3 weeks. Includes local delivery*
Hire Charge for wraps £10 for 3 weeks. Includes local delivery*
- Your details will only be used to contact you in relation to your hire. You may be asked to confirm if you also wish to be kept up to date with other Devonmama news, updates and promotions.
- For each carrier you hire you must submit your full name, postal address, email address, mobile telephone number. All details must be current and accurate.
Hire Cost and Duration
- Devonmama’s hire service enables customers to try carriers before they purchase from us. The charge value can be duducted from the purchase of a full price carrier for example £20 hire used against £125 carrier you pay £105.
- The standard hire period is 3 weeks.
- Subject to availability and at our discretion, you may arrange to borrow carriers for a 14, 21 or 28 day period.
- All carriers are hired out subject to availability, condition and suitability. If you wish to hire a specific carrier then we suggest contacting us in advance to check availability.
- We cannot guarantee which colours or designs of any particular carrier are available.
- Hire fees are £20 for the inital 3 week period and £6 for any additional weeks (or part weeks), up to a total maximum hire period of 4 weeks.
- Subject to availability up to 4 carriers may be hired at one time. This may be limited to no more than 1 of each carrier type depending on demand and availability. Once a carrier is returned another hire may be made.
- Hire fees are payable by credit/debit card (excluding American Express) Payment may be made by PayPal (subject to an additional 3% charge) or cash on request.
Extensions and Late Fees
You are responsible for ensuring a carrier is returned to us on the return date.
If you are not able to return the carrier to us in person by the due date:
Arrange an extension. We understand that life with babies and small children does not always go to plan. If you can’t return to the carrier to us by the due date and need to arrange a hire extension, do let us know as soon as you can via phone or email. Please email us at [email protected] speak to us on 07807366909 not later than 3pm on the return date and request to extend your hire at a cost of £6 per week, for either 1, 2 or 3 weeks (7,14 or 21 days), up to a total hire period of no longer than 28 days. Total hire periods of longer than 28 days, including any extensions, are possible in only exceptional circumstances, subject to availability and at the discretion of Devonmama.
Late Fees will be accrued. If your carrier returned late without having arranged an extension, you will accrue late fees of £3 per day per item until the carrier is returned to us. Accrued late fees due will be due upon return of the carrier. We may notify you via email, telephone or text message that your hires are late and that fees are being accrued. But please remember that return of carriers in a timely fashion, and payment of any late or associated fees, remains the sole responsibility of the hirer.
- Charges for soiling, marks, odours (especially smoke or damp) aesthetic or structural damage to carriers hired will be judged on a case by case basis, at the discretion of Devonmama, and you will be charged after returning the carrier . We will take into account any cleaning or professional services required. Charges for lost accessories or components will be equal to replacement cost (including any postage costs).
- If Devonmama deems that the carrier is no longer in a hireable condition, the full replacement cost (usually RRP) of the carrier will be charged.
- If your carrier is lost, or not received by us within 28 days of the return date, your hire will be classed as a Non-Return and the full cost of the carrier will be charged in addition to accrued late fees.
Manuals & Accessories
- Ensure you fully read the instruction manual before using your carrier, please note that all accessories and manuals must be returned at the end of the hire period, or you may be charged for these items.
- Free local delivery is offered within Torbay and surrounding areas. Subject to availability. Postage to other areas is charged at £5 per item.
- Please do not wash your carrier, please only spot clean when necerssary.
- ALL CARRIERS ARE EXTREMELY SAFE WHEN USED PROPERLY, HOWEVER MISUSE CAN CAUSE INJURY TO YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILD. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE USING THE CARRIER CORRECTLY AND THAT YOUR BABY OR CHILD IS SAFE AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE CARRIER. Devonmama cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
- Instructions for safe use of your carrier are provided via email within 24 hours of your hire, If, for any reason they are not supplied, it is the borrower’s responsibility to ask for a copy of the instructions.
- The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, though where there is a choice we may recommend particular carrying methods or positions.
- We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
- Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
- If you feel any pain while using the carrier, change the carrying position or remove the carrier and contact us for advice.